Our Track Record
Community-based CDM Projects in Africa and Asia
Sigma Global is co-developer for a range of Clean Development Mechanism
(CDM) wood stove projects in Africa and Asia. We provide:
- Development and management of poverty reduction and microfinance
- Management of legal facets of the project's implementation
- Financial management, including raising project capital
- Management of carbon assets and portfolio.
Sigma Global acts as Xstrata Technology’s exclusive carbon manager. Our
- Assess carbon accreditation opportunities and market value of carbon
- Calculate baseline of potential project sites.
- Coordinate all accreditation documentation, including submission to
- Educate Xstrata Technology customers on benefits of accreditation for the
generation of environmental assets.
Sigma Global acted as process manager for the successful refinancing of the
company. This mandate required us to:
- Identify potential purchasers.
- Contribute to the development of the Information Memorandum.
- Provide an independent valuation of the company.
- Assist in the formal question and answers process and in management
- Provide support in the negotiations of the Share Purchase Agreement and
related commercial aspects.
Sigma Global works with Petratherm as their carbon managers
to derive maximum value from emission reductions from
geothermal project development across the globe. Our role includes:
- Demonstrating carbon accreditation opportunities and market value of potential carbon assets
Identifing and facilitate opportunities for CDM accreditation
Structuring deals to realise value from indirect carbon opportunities
Major Mining and Exploration Company
Sigma Global provided this top three minerals company with an integrated
strategy to deal with the challenges of the evolving environmental markets.
- A review of the likely future development of greenhouse gas regulations
and the international carbon markets.
- An assessment of all potential carbon accreditation opportunities and the
market value of carbon asset that could be created.
- Developed an international strategy for carbon project development under
the CDM and a voluntary standard.
- Identified opportunities for trading.
- Designed an internal carbon asset portfolio structure.
Multi National Development Agency
- Identified and facilitated carbon opportunities in regions covered by
their mandate. Potential projects cover the entire range of project options
across all technologies and processes.
- Sigma Global will facilitate and manage all aspects of the carbon process
for feasible projects, including legal and trading aspects.
Technology Company with Patent for CO2 Removal from Natural Gas
- Reviewed likely development of greenhouse gas regulations and the
international carbon markets in the context of rolling out the technology
- Assessed potential carbon accreditation opportunities and market value of
International Offset Retailer
- Assisted the company develop its carbon offsetting capabilities.
- Advised on the establishment of a high quality Carbon Offset Sourcing
- Assisted the company in developing a portfolio of high-quality VERs.
European Power Company
In the context of designing a strategy for entering the global carbon
markets Sigma contributed to:
- Identifying in-house technology expertise to be used in project
- Determining promising world regions for project development.
- Exploring potential bottle necks for expansion.
- Identifying potential project partners and projects.
Australian Sporting Organisation comprising 305 Clubs
- Assessed potential emissions reductions from national scheme encompassing
- Developed energy efficiency tool kit for all clubs.
- Developed feasibility study.
- Identified and engaged potential investors.
Global Steel Company
- Calculated carbon finance revenue for CDM and other projects.
- Assessed asset delivery risks and impact on potential income.
- Company carbon activity assessment for determination of feasibility of
- Deal structuring for investment.